Université de Saint-Boniface keeps in touch with USB Alumni and Friends, and offers them various privileges. We have recently updated the list of these privileges, and we would like to share this information with you. Of particular note are changes effective April 1, 2015 that affect those who are members of our physical fitness centre, Sportex and those who are interested in becoming members.
Who are USB Alumni?
Alumni include all those who have received a degree, diploma or certificate from USB1, at the university, college or high school level.
1.The term USB refers specifically to Université de Saint-Boniface (since 2011), Collège universitaire de Saint-Boniface, École technique et professionnelle, Collège communautaire de Saint-Boniface and Collège Saint-Boniface.
Who are the Friends of USB?
Friends of Université de Saint-Boniface are persons, companies or organizations that support USB and its goals through various means and who take part in its activities or use its facilities.
What are the privileges of being a USB Alumnus or Friend?
If you are a USB graduate, you benefit from the following privileges:
- Waiver of fees for Alumni Association membership as of April 1, 2015 ($25 for individuals and $40 for families);
- Reduced rates for Sportex membership, the only bilingual fitness centre in Winnipeg (also know as the best equipped and most complete small fitness centre in the city);
- Discounted ticket prices for regular season productions of the Théâtre Chiens de soleil performed on the USB campus (regular season only);
- Free library card for the Bibliothèque Alfred-Monnin, including borrowing privileges and access to the USB collection as well as that of the University of Manitoba;
- Free access to USB computer services:
- Unlimited access to USB’s on campus wireless network, (24/7)
- Unlimited access to the computer laboratory in room 1441, Monday to Friday from 4:00 to 8:00 pm and all weekend;
- Access to certain USB facilities for class reunions and alumni events (subject to availability);
- Support in organizing your alumni reunions at USB.
If you are a Friend of USB, you benefit from the following privileges:
- A copy of the alumni review Sous la coupole, published once a year (fall/winter);
- The electronic version of Sous la coupole Express sent by e-mail three or four times per year;
- Invitations to certain events organized by USB;
- Access to the job bank, online or in person.
If in the past you held a reduced-rate membership to Sportex, but were not a graduate of USB, regular fees will apply as of April 1, 2015, unless you belong to another category eligible for reduced rates (such as seniors 60 and over).
For further information or to request any of the services available to USB Alumni or Friends, please contact:
Maxine Robert, Development Office
Development and Communications Office
Phone: 204-237-1818, ext. 285
Send a message to the Alumni Association
We thank you for taking part in USB activities, and we hope you will continue to do so. We would like for you to stay in touch and to share your stories with us. We regularly publish news and profiles of graduates, friends and current students in the Carrefour Sous la coupole on the USB website and in the alumni review Sous la coupole.